Benefits of Using Approved Inspectors
Solving your problems, and bringing value
With Approved Inspectors, you get a proactive service from experts who will help you find solutions to all your Building Regulations problems from pre-planning to completion and beyond to steer the project along the building regulations path.
Working with you, not against you
Approved Inspectors are commercially aware and understand the pressures and critical milestones in the design and construction processes
Approved Inspectors offer flexibility and creativity to meet your development objectives and help you achieve compliance.
An integrated service, wherever you work in the country
- Approved Inspectors work with homeowners right through to the UK`s largest and most prestigious construction firms, architects and consultancies.
- Projects worked on include loft conversions and house extensions to multi-million-pound shopping centres and towers
- Consistency of advice that does not change over borough or county borders
- Consistency of interpretation of the Building Regulations
- Fees consistency
- Enabling a strong and effective working partnership with your Approved Inspector.
- The same surveying team will work with the same client and contractor teams wherever they are in the country
An Insured Service
Approved Inspectors are backed by government-approved insurance schemes to safeguard the public
A qualified team whose performance is monitored and regulated
Unlike Local Authorities, Approved Inspectors are subjected to re-licence every five years. They must demonstrate a continued improvement to their service, competent staff, standardised procedures, and evidence they work in accordance with industry business and professional ethics led by the CIC and Building Control Alliance.
For further information, visit the CIC website.
A track record of customer service and innovation
- Innovative use of inspection software and risk and or tailored based site inspections based on an intimate knowledge of the project
- Acceptance and checking of designs by CAD and BIM models. No need to submit paper copies and in many cases the use of online application processes
- Approved Inspectors are industry thought leaders with strong connections to Government and regular input into research and development
- Approved Inspectors understand innovation in modern construction techniques including Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) construction, modular buildings and preconstructed cladding systems.
A wide range of services
Many Approved inspectors offer a whole range of complementary services from fire risk assessments, warranty inspections and accessible building audits, value engineering and services relating to other related legislation all within a robust regulatory framework.
Many Approved Inspectors can offer a combined service for both building control and health and safety CDM Regulations advice.
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations – or CDM Regulations as they’re usually known – were updated in 2007. The CDM Regulations apply to all construction projects and exist to make buildings safe for people who build them, use them, maintain them and demolish them.
To comply with the CDM Regulations, you must appoint a CDM Co-ordinator before any significant design is undertaken on your building.
Contact an ACAI-registered Approved Inspector today to see how they can provide a combined service, save you time and money, and achieve high standards of Health & Safety on your site.
For more information on the CDM Regulations themselves, click here.